If you have been experiencing shoulder pain, your doctor may order an MRI. An MRI uses magnetic fields to get a detailed picture of your bones, tendons, muscles, and blood vessels from any angle. This scan is extremely useful for diagnosing shoulder pain because it allows the doctor to view all of the internal structures within it.
Common Uses of Shoulder MRIs
A shoulder MRI can detect a wide variety of issues, including injuries to the bicep and other soft tissues, rotator cuff tears, and any of the following:
- Arthritis, labral tears, and other degenerative joint diseases
- Rotator cuff impingement
- Any joint abnormalities due to trauma, such as ligament and tendon tears
- Infections like osteomyelitis
- Sports and Work-related injuries from overuse, strain, or forceful impact
- Swelling or bleeding in the tissues surrounding your joint
- Decreased range of motion
- Checking progress after shoulder surgery
- and any unexplained pain that is not responding to treatment
If you are experiencing shoulder pain or decreased range of motion in your shoulder, ask your doctor if you will need an MRI. When you need an open MRI in Middletown, NJ, and the surrounding areas, make your appointment at Middletown Medical Imaging. You can call us at 732-275-0999 or book online.